Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving and Christmas Decorating


I want to first start by saying that I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving! We were lucky and had two. The first was hosted by my mother in law at her house on Thanksgiving she was very kind and scheduled dinner to be at 330 so that I could enjoy the dinner before I had to go to work. The dinner was fabolous and the best part was I ended up not having to go in to work! I was able to stay and watch movies with the family and enjoy pie later that night. The kids were very excited about Turkey Day and kept saying " Gobble Gobble Happy Thanksgiving!" they actually ate pretty good and really enjoyed eating the pie. It was a wonderful Thanksgiving. Then on Friday we had Thanksgiving with my family and this year it was a extra special treat. I didn't have to cook it Dona and Duane decided that they would cook and host Thanksgiving this year. It was a wonderful dinner and we had lots of good company. The kids were so excited to go to Aunt Dona's and Uncle Duane's house! As usual we ate tons and tons of food including pie and then all settled down to a game of phase 10 ( this is a very competitive game in our family) we had a blast! By the time we went home the kids were exhausted.
Over the weekend we cleaned the house in preperation for decorating the house for Christmas. The kids did really well and helped clean and decorate. This was the first year that they actually decorated the tree and they were thrilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I married Mike in Aug. 05 and in May of 07 I gave birth to our beautiful twins Gaige and Maddison. I am mostly a stay at home mom and love every minute of it. I love life and all of the many blessings I have recieved. I love my family and love to spend as much time with them as I can.