Thursday, November 5, 2009

Halloween


Wow we had a busy but fun Halloween. We started our festivities off Wednesday night by letting the kids paint their pumpkins. They had so much fun and did a great job! Then on Thursday I dressed the kids up and headed down to my moms office where we went Trick or Treating. This has been a tradition for the last 3 Halloweens. We showed up and ate lunch with my mom then we took the kids around here office to trick or treat they were so dang cute! After they got their candy they would say " thank you and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!" they were so animated on the last part. By the time we left my moms office they each had a whole bucket full of candy.


The next day we went to Uncle Jake's office and Trick or Treated. Again they had so much fun. Maddi was a little scared of her uncle jakes costume and I can't blame her. He is not a cute woman! Gaige just thought it was silly. He told me that boys don't wear dresses. Jake and his co- workers dressed up as the Golden Girls.

That night the kids spent the night at Buna and Papa's and Mike and I went out on a much needed date. We doubled with our good friends Jon and Kiersten. It was so nice to talk to adults. Although I missed the twins. We picked the kids up Saturday morning about 10am and ran a couple of errands. About 4pm we got the kids all dressed up again and drove up to Grandma Vicki's house so she could see them after that we went to Uncle Paul and Aunt Michelles ward to do trunk or treat. It was total Chaos! I have to say its not as fun as the old way, but the kids seemed to really enjoy it. I must be a little old fashioned because nothing beats running up to a door and saying trick or treat! After Paul and Michelles we Trick or Treated and Grandma and Grandpa Smiths then off to Trick or Treat with Gaige and Maddi's little friends Kaylee and Lily. We went on the little block of my old neighborhood and on the big block and the kids had a blast! Once trick or treating was done we went to my dads to eat chili and other goodies and watch a movie. Overall Halloween was a blast but I have to say I am glad it is over.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I married Mike in Aug. 05 and in May of 07 I gave birth to our beautiful twins Gaige and Maddison. I am mostly a stay at home mom and love every minute of it. I love life and all of the many blessings I have recieved. I love my family and love to spend as much time with them as I can.